Stepping into universities means you are required to do research work and write a dissertation to qualify yourself for a degree. When I had to write my paper for graduate thesis, I didn't even know the basics of Microsoft Word. I barely knew anything besides typing the plain text and choosing a font. I struggled with referencing and formatting but my efforts bore fruit that I am writing it to all of you out there.
Manually creating a table of contents is a task in itself which is tougher than writing the dissertation itself. If you are an essay writer or a researcher who has difficulty generating the table of content then this post will certainly help you. Also, those who are writing their dissertation would be really relieved to know that such a feature exists where you can automatically generate a table of contents.
For adding a Table of Content on Microsoft Word select all the headings according to their tier using the tabs on the upper right side.
- Select the page where you want to add the and move the cursor to the point where you want your table of content.
- Click the “References” tab and there would appear the option to add Table of Contents on the top left corner.
- You can choose to add a Table of Contents manually or select an automatic Table of Contents.
- You had previously selected headings that you wrote during the process of your Dissertation essay writing service, these headings would appear in the automatically generated Table of Contents.
- If you have missed any heading, you can add it then click on your Table of Contents and click the option to update it.
- Your Table of Contents is perfectly ready.
There were times when my laptop would crash and I would lose data. I once had to write a research essay and it was due that very day.
For all those who use google docs to do their work, the following is the method to generate a table of content on google docs:
- Highlight the text that you want to add as a heading.
- Select the headings from your text using the “Normal Text” drop-down button. I was halfway through my essay and my laptop suddenly shut-down, causing me to lose all that I had written. That one time I had to write my essay online on Google Docs and since that day it has become a habit now.
- After you have selected headings for all the levels you can now insert the Table of Contents. A table of contents is usually added at the beginning of the document after the cover page or sometimes after the acknowledgments and the abstract.
- Go to the top left corner of your Google Docs and click on the insert button.
- A drop-down menu would appear, toward the end of that menu, you will find the option to add a Table of Contents.
- The items in your Table of Contents appear according to the location of the header in your document. You can change or remove the text in your Table of Contents by following the link.
- After you have made the required changes in the Table of Contents click on the refresh button on the top right corner.
- Your required Table of Contents is ready.
The procedure to add a table of contents in Microsoft Words and Google Docs is similar but Microsoft word offers you a variety of options. If you like it you may create a table of contents in Microsoft Word and then copy-paste it on Google Docs. Your document is all set to go. If you do not know anything about how t write ask essay writer for help.